Attention! The End-of-life date of this plugin is 2020-01-31. There will be no further updates after this date!
This localization pack provides the German translations as well as visual and functional optimizations for usage in the German-speaking countries for the popular WordPress theme WP Residence by WP Estate.
- German translations (PO/MO files) for the theme front end and the theme configuration in the WordPress backend
- automatic inclusion of all contents and functions – no manual configuration needed
- individual, update-safe modification of translations possible
- optimized for the usage in combination with an immonex OpenImmo import plugin
- continuous adaptation to updated theme and WordPress versions
- The current plugin version supports WP Residence Versions up to 1.80.1.
- By default, a WP Residence installation contains some pre-defined list values (e.g. features and amenities) as well as various mail templates, these will only be translated once if the primary site language is German when this plugin gets activated.
- WP Residence includes some terms and text passages that can not be translated without further ado. Hence, these will be displayed in the original language also after installing this plugin. If required, these terms have to be overridden in a child theme.
- Normal page or post contents are not part of the translation scope of this plugin. This is especially true for imported theme demo contents.
- PHP >= 5.3
- WordPress >= 3.8
- WP Residence Theme >= 1.10.3
A quick note ahead: The plugin will perform a one-time translation of some static theme strings that are not fully covered by the regular translation methods (e.g. mail contents and widget titles). Hence, the theme WP Residence should be installed before this plugin is being installed and activated for the first time.
(If required, the one-time translation can be repeated by adding “&replace_default_strings=1” to an arbitrary site URL when a WP admin user is logged in. However, it’s possible that some manually changed option contents get overridden this way.)
- WordPress backend: Plugins > Add New > Upload Plugin *
- Select the plugin ZIP file and click the install button.
- Activate the plugin after successful installation.
- Open the general options tab in the plugin configuration under Settings > WP Residence DE and enable or disable hierarchies in the theme’s property taxonomies as well as optimization of info window contents in Google Maps (both activated by default).
- Insert the key on the license tab and activate the license under Settings > WP Residence DE. That’s it!
* Alternative: Unzip the plugin ZIP archive, copy it to the folder „wp-content/plugins” and activate the plugin in the WordPress backend under Plugins > Installed Plugins afterwards.
For modifying translations in an update-safe way, copy the de_DE.po file in the plugin’s languages folder to the WordPress global theme translation directory (wp-content/languages/themes) an rename it to wpresidence-de_DE.po (for theme versions prior to 1.40: wpestate-de_DE.po) here.
Starting with theme version 1.40, also copy the file wpresidence-core-de_DE.po to the global plugin translation folder (wp-content/languages/plugins). For theme version equal or higher than 1.60.5, this also true for the file residence-elementor-de_DE.po.
The free Loco Translate plugin (or an alternative solution like Poedit) can be used to edit these files. The related .mo files are usually generated automatically and have to be placed in the same folders as the po-Files.
- Release date: 2019-07-15
- Updated translations (WP Residence 1.80.1).
- Release date: 2019-04-05
- Typo corrected (Plot size).
- Release date: 2019-04-03
- Updated translations (WP Residence 1.60.5).
- Added translations for the Elementor add-on plugin.
- Release date: 2019-02-08
- Updated translations (WP Residence 1.60.1).
- Release date: 2018-12-18
- Updated translations (WP Residence 1.50.1).
- Added deactivation of trashy machine translations provided by the theme.
- Framework updated.
- Release date: 2018-08-16
- Fixed an issue concerning parent theme/version determination.
- Release date: 2018-08-15
- Fixed a compatibility bug concerning some older theme versions.
- Release date: 2018-08-14
- Updated translations (WP Residence 1.40).
- Splitted translation files (theme and core plugin).
- Release date: 2018-06-14
- Updated translations (WP Residence 1.32.1).
- Release date: 2018-05-03
- Updated translations (WP Residence 1.30.8).
- Minor fixes.
- Release date: 2018-02-18
- Updated translations (WP Residence 188.8.131.52).
- Release date: 2018-01-07
- Updated translations (WP Residence 1.30.6).
- Release date: 2017-12-07
- Updated translations (WP Residence 184.108.40.206).
- Release date: 2017-10-26
- Fixed some typos in translations.
- Extended one-time translation of static strings (theme options).
- Release date: 2017-10-13
- Updated translations (WP Residence 220.127.116.11).
- Extended theme version recognition.
- Release date: 2017-09-11
- Updated translations (WP Residence 1.30.3).
- Extended translations of static strings (e.g. widget titles).
- Release date: 2017-08-01
- Updated translations (WP Residence 1.20.8).
- Fixed a bug regarding false update notifications.
- Release date: 2017-07-22
- Updated translations (WP Residence 1.20.7).
- Release date: 2017-06-10
- Updated translations (WP Residence 1.20.5).
- Slightly updated JS code for adjusting map infow indow contents.
- Release date: 2017-05-11
- Fixed an issue that could lead to recursion problems in exceptional cases.
- Release date: 2017-05-09
- Translations updated (WP Residence 1.20.2).
- Added option for making the theme’s property taxonomies hierarchical.
- Added option for optimizing the property info window contents in Google Maps.
- Release date: 2017-03-18
- Translations updated (WP Residence 1.20).
- Release date: 2017-01-22
- Translations updated (WP Residence 1.19.1).
- CSS update for newer theme versions.
- Release date: 2017-01-02
- Several improvements concerning security and stability.
- Release date: 2016-12-19
- Translations updated (WP Residence 1.18.3).
- Release date: 2016-11-21
- Translations updated (WP Residence 1.18).
- Fixed auto translation replacements of some default email contents.
- Release date: 2016-10-04
- Tested with WP Residence 1.17.2.
- Added minified versions of plugin CSS files.
- Added automatic duplication of MO files für de_AT and de_CH.
- Various minor optimizations.
- Release date: 2016-09-12
- Translations updated (WP Residence 1.17.1).
- Tested with WordPress 4.6.1.
- Release date: 2016-06-22
- Translations updated (WP Residence 1.16.2).
- Tested with WordPress 4.5.3.
- Release date: 2016-06-03
- Translations updated (WP Residence 1.16.1).
- Release date: 2016-04-21
- Translations updated (WP Residence 1.15.2).
- Tested with WordPress 4.5.
- Release date: 2016-04-03
- Translations updated (WP Residence 1.15.1).
- Added automatic one-time replacement of English WP Residence default values for websites with German as site language.
- Added setting of optimized default values for localization related theme options.
- Release date: 2016-02-29
- Translations updated (WP Residence 1.14.3).
- Release date: 2015-12-14
- Translations updated (WP Residence 1.13).
- Release date: 2015-12-02
- Translations updated.
- Release date: 2015-09-10
- Initial release.