This is a WordPress plugin for visualizing energy efficiency classes and the related consumption/demand values declared in real estate energy passes. Here, the so called “Bandtacho” color scale used in German energy passes is supported as well as the color bar presentation which is common in most EU countries.
This extension can be used as as stand-alone solution or in conjunction with an immonex OpenImmo import plugin (e.g. immonex OpenImmo2WP or immonex OpenImmo2wpCasa). In the latter case, the mapping of the energy pass data takes place fully automatically.
BTW, immonex Energy Scale Pro is also a perfect solution for displaying energy efficiency scales in WPCasa based WordPress themes and sites.
- A pure CSS-based rendering enables to easily modify the look and the scaling.
- template “Bandtacho” for a presentation as in the energy passes in compliance with the German energy saving acts 2007, 2009 and 2014 (EnEV 2007, EnEV 2009, EnEV 2014), including differentiation between residential and commercial buildings
- template “Stacked Bars” for a presentation that is common in the most EU countries
- automatic template selection based on the property location (country)
- use of custom templates possible (update-safe)
- integration by widget or shortcode
- meta box with energy related input fields in property forms
- compact mode for displaying in narrow layout areas (e.g. sidebars)
- usage of data from from arbitrary user-defined fields (“mapping”)
- automatic mapping of energy pass data, if an immonex OpenImmo import plugin is in use
- automatic determination of the efficiency classes based on the energy values for German, Austrian and Italian properties
- PHP >= 5.3
- WordPress >= 3.8
- WordPress backend: Plugins > Add New > Upload Plugin *
- Select the plugin ZIP file and click the install button.
- Activate the plugin after successful installation.
- Set the data mappings (user-defined fields) under Settings > Energy Efficiency Scale > Mapping if an immonex OpenImmo import plugin is not in use. (If available, the auto-mapping feature will be activated by default.)
- Insert the key on the license tab and activate the license. That’s it!
* Alternative: Unzip the plugin ZIP archive, copy it to the folder „wp-content/plugins” and activate the plugin in the WordPress backend under Plugins > Installed Plugins afterwards.
Configuration in Detail
Under Settings > Energy Efficiency Scale the following settings can be defined:
The default values specified here are relevant if no other choice will be made later or if the related detail cannot be determined. The option „Always display scales” is to be activated if the display including energy scale shall be consistent, even when no energy data are available. In this case, the scale is displayed slightly transparent and with an additional notice.
Tab „Data Source“
The easiest way to store the energy efficiency data of a property is to enter them directly in the respective input fields that are available in a special meta box titled „Energy Efficiency (immonex Energy Scale Pro)” the plugin adds to the property edit form.
Alternatively, it’s also possible to assign individual custom fields that hold the energy values by entering the related field names.
This manual assignment is not required if an immonex plugin is used for importing OpenImmo XML based data (e.g. OpenImmo2WP). In that case, only the auto-mapping option has to be selected. If auto-mapped and form-based data shall be used concurrently, there’s also a “hybrid mode” that can be activated to achieve this.
It depends on the selected template which of the assigned values will be displayed. The Bandtacho template covers a wider bandwidth here.
The plugin is constantly being developed further and adapted to new developments and WordPress versions. A valid and active license is required for automatically receiving all the latest updates as well as to have access to our top-notch support for all questions related to the plugin usage.
The usage of the immonex widget „Energy Scale“ ist the most common way to embed energy class graphics in online exposés of real estate properties. In addition to the title, the template and the display type („Standard“ or „Compact“ for narrower content areas like sidebars) can be selected in the widget configuration.
If the property data include a user-defined custom field with the ISO(2/3) country code of the location, the template can be selected automatically: For German properties, the Bandtacho template is being used then which simulates the usual color scales of German energy passes („Energieausweis”). Energy efficiency classes of properties in other countries are being displayed using the classic stacked color bars style.
If no color scale is displayed, the error display can be enabled to find out why.
Beside the widget variant, the energy scales can also be embedded with the shortcode „immonex-energy-scale“:
The respective energy pass details will be retrieved from the assigned custom fields, but can also be defined or overridden using the following shortcode attributes:
- template: filename of the template (without path and extension .php: bandtacho or stacked_bars) respectively auto for the automatic selection based on the country of the property location (DE = Bandtacho, outside DE = Stacked Bars)
- type: energy pass type, possible values: consumption, demand, verbrauch, bedarf
- building_type: building type, possible values: residential, non-residential, wohn, nichtwohn
- class: energy efficiency class (A++ to G, in exceptional cases also up to I)
- year: year of the energy pass, format: YYYY
- final_energy: final energy value as number without unit etc.
- final_energy_heating: final energy value (heating) as number without unit etc.
- final_energy_power: final energy value (power) as number without unit etc.
- primary_energy: primary energy value as number without unit etc.
- co2_emissions: CO2 emission value as number without unit etc.
- country: ISO country code of the property location (two-digit or three-digit), e.g. DE
- display: display type, possible values: standard, compact
- remarks: notes to display underneath the color scale
- display_errors: enable the error display (value: 1)
- display_if_unavailable: always display the scale, even if no energy data are available (value: 1)
Shortcode example with attributes:
[immonex-energy-scale template="auto" type="consumption" building_type="residential" class="C" year="2014" final_energy=85 country="DE" display="compact" remarks="This is a remark..." display_errors=1]
Visual Adjustments / Scaling
Since no „real graphics” are being used, individual adjustments can be made based on pure CSS. To make these update safe, the CSS (override) statements should always be placed in the theme configuration or a CSS file of the used (child) theme.
If the size of the energy scale diagram shall be adjusted as a whole, the easiest method to achieve this is adjusting the font size of the frame element, because all other sizes depend on this value:
User-defined templates are being placed in the subfolder immonex-energy-scale-pro of the (child) theme folder and usually consist of two or three files:
- templatename.php (template PHP/HTML code)
- templatename.css (template-specific stylesheets)
- templatename.min.css (optional: minified version of the CSS data)
It’s easiest to copy the files of an existing template in the respective folder of the plugin directory to the folder mentioned above first. After that, the files can be modified to fit the individual demands. The template name is being defined in the first code line of the PHP file as follows:
// Template: Templatename
If this statement matches the name of an existing template (Bandtacho, Stacked Bars), the custom template will be used for rendering the energy scales.
- Release date: 2018-05-07
- Added option for specifying additional property post types to add the energy data form section to.
- Added support for Italian energy classes.
- Added evaluation of HWB value and class (Austrian energy passes).
- Extended field descriptions on the options page.
- Updated third-party components.
- Minor CSS and template optimizations.
- Release date: 2017-03-31
- Added a “hybrid mode” for using form based energy data and auto-mapping values concurrently.
- Added a new field for CO2 emissions.
- Added ability to get the property post ID directly from the WP query in exceptional cases.
- Minor CSS and template updates.
- Release date: 2017-01-10
- Corrected the energy class selection in the form for manual energy data entry.
- Release date: 2017-01-02
- Several improvements concerning security and stability.
- Release date: 2016-12-09
- Extended and reworked energy classes (i. a. Austrian classes and automatic class selection).
- Updated CSS, i. a. for better print results.
- Various minor improvements and patches.
- Tested with WordPress 4.7.
- Release date: 2016-03-19
- Slightly updated the bandtacho template (invisible gradients issues on some sites).
- Fixed automatic data source setting after update (manual mapping).
- Release date: 2016-03-19
- Simplified data source selection (form, auto-mapping, individual custom fields)
- Hotfix! Made shortcode immonex-energy-scale available again.
- Release date: 2016-03-18
- Added a meta box with energy efficiency related input fields to property forms.
- Improved automatic recognition of energy values and classes.
- Added an automated license status check.
- Various minor improvements.
- Release date: 2015-07-02
- Added a plugin option to define the default property country.
- Fixed a CSS bug.
- Release date: 2015-06-30
- Added support for custom templates (update-safe).
- Fixed a bug that could occur during installation in some cases.
- Various detail updates and improvements.
- Release date: 2015-04-01
- Improved compatibility with immonex OpenImmo2WP.
- Fixed a rounding issue regarding energy values.
- Release date: 2015-01-11
- Extended the Stacked Bars template to automatically use the German building energy classification.
- Added translations to readme.txt.
- Release date: 2014-12-11
- Added ability to display plain energy scales even if no data are available.
- Fixed a license activation issue.
- Release date: 2014-12-07
- Reworked plugin structure for more seamless integration of extension plugins.
- Fixed auto update issue.
- Release date: 2014-11-24
- Initial release.