double entries

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Carsten Scheuer 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

rodemann
    Participant

Hi,

since now about 2 weeks we notice that all properties seem to double in our database and show up twice per language after import.
    Is there an easy method to resolve this issue as deleting them one by one is not an option?

Thank you in advance.

Best Regards
    Michael

Carsten Scheuer
    Keymaster

Hi Michael,

before starting to speculate, we have to take a look at this problem “live”. Would it be possible to reactivate our temporary support WP admin and FTP accesses? If so, could you please transfer the data of one single property in advance so that we can comprehend the duplication issue?

Normally, double properties mean that multiple versions of the same object have been imported with different OpenImmo IDs, but we first have to investigate what’s the actual cause in your case.

BTW: Did you install any updates (plugins etc.) or has there been any other change shortly before the problems started?

rodemann
    Participant

Hi Carsten,

I just dropped you an email with the required credentials and additional information as requested.

From what i can see our provider had troubles running an export and deleted all properties and later they seem to have separated the properties per region (north, east, south, …). It seems likely that this has lead to a change of the OpenImmo ID itself, but i can’t tell for sure.

In addition i noticed that he database is filled with an immersive amount of dead posts, postmeta and term_relation from previous imports.
    Also since then i noticed that the used space on the server has almost doubled due to a lot of new pictures being uploaded?

Maybe it would be the best to clear the whole database from all properties and their attached media and run a clean full import to have a clean start. Any idea how to best do this directly from the database instead of going trough about 4400 properties?

All updates are disabled and installation of plugins was last done about 6 months ago since further updates will break the current functionality of the website.

For the near future we are planning to get updated to the latest plugins including the latest WPCasa version, but this is not fully decided yet as we are not sure if WPCasa is the best to chose for and if it is even still developed.

Best regards
    Michael

Carsten Scheuer
    Keymaster

Hi Michael,

your assumption was correct: The OpenImmo IDs (OBIDs) had changed, so the newly imported properties had been added as new posts instead of updating the existing ones.

In our opinion, the best solution here would be to perform a full import of all current property data. (All existing imported properties including all related attachments will be deleted automatically in advance.)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.