Property Types slug issue

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    rodemann
    Participant

Hi,

I’m currently running a WPCasa Themed installation with

immonex OpenImmo2WP Multilang 1.5
    immonex OpenImmo2wpCasa 2.0

Since the update to OpenImmo2wpCasa 2.0 it seems that the Property Type slug is not correctly translated. the language string (-en, -es, -de) is not attached to the property type slug correctly as it was before. Anything i can do to resolve this issue?

Best Regards
    Mciahel

Carsten Scheuer
    Keymaster

Hi Michael,

we’ve indeed changed this behavior in the new plugin version due to much user feedback concerning its impact on search and SEO: The language code is now only added to a taxonomy slug if another language version of it exists that has the same name.

Property Type Example:

English: Villa > villa
    German: Villa > villa-de

In practice, it shouldn’t be a problem to use the new and the previous style slugs at the same time.

Do you really need the to switch back to the previous slug style? (We would have to tweak the plugin to make this possible in an easy way.)

rodemann
    Participant

Hi Carsten,

I can also switch to the new style and make it work.
    So basically if i get you right it will work as below.

Default = Englisch = villa
    2nd Language = German = villa-de
    3rd Language = Spanish = villa-es

I would need to rename the current english slug and remove -en and then the import will automatically assign english properties to the one without a language string, german to the same with -de and spanish to the -es version of it?

Is this behavior only for the property type?

Best Regards
    Michael

Carsten Scheuer
    Keymaster

I would need to rename the current english slug and remove -en and then the import will automatically assign english properties to the one without a language string, german to the same with -de and spanish to the -es version of it?

Yes, this would work. If WPML or Polylang are in use, the import plugin utilizes these to determine and assign the correct language version of the term – independent of the language code in the slug. The slug’s language code is only used as fallback if the term language can’t be determined by the translation management solution.

This behavior applies to all affected property taxonomy terms (location, property-type, property-category, feature).

rodemann
    Participant

Hi Carsten,

If it applies to all taxonomy terms then i do have a huge problem as i have aprox 1600 properties where i would need to change the taxonomy terms. This is going to turn into a mess! How can we easily accomplish this and ensure future updates of properties will work correctly?

Best Regards
    Michael

Carsten Scheuer
    Keymaster

The update only affects newly created terms and shouldn’t have any negative effects on existing ones.

Does the “mixed slug mode” lead to any problems in your site? If so, we’d have to add a kind of “compatibility flag” to the plugin to address this issue.

rodemann
    Participant

yes it is starting to add additional locations which where already in place and the properties is assigned in all languages to it. Other items using taxonomy terms might also be affected but i haven’t noticed it so far and can’t tell for sure.

Carsten Scheuer
    Keymaster

This would point to a bug in the plugin. We’re currently trying to reproduce this behavior in one of our development installations.

rodemann
    Participant

Hi Carsten,

If you like you can also receive access to our production environment to have a look for yourself.

Best Regards
    Michael

Carsten Scheuer
    Keymaster

Hello Michael,

this would surely be helpful, could you please create a temporary WP admin account for pluginsupport@inveris.de? Thanks!

rodemann
    Participant

Hi Carsten,

I send you a mail to above email address with required credentials.

Best Regards
    Michael

Carsten Scheuer
    Keymaster

Thanks! I’ve taken a look at the backend and have installed a slightly updated version of the plugin (not “officially” available yet). While the new version might fix a part of the problem, I’ve notice a mapping related issues:

Contrary to the previous version, the OpenImmo import plugin now determines the taxonomy slugs based on their name (title) instead of their slugs. It seems that some names have been edited in the backend, that’s why they don’t match the titles in the mapping table (e.g. property types) and new terms are created now.

For the property type terms, the problem could be solved by adding the columns “Parent ES” and “Title ES” and by changing the respective field values to match the names in the WP backend.

Example: Flats/Penthouses

Title: Apartment & Penthouse
    Title DE: Apartment & Penthaus
    Title ES: Apartamento & Atico

Although this would be a “clean” solution, unfortunately there’s one major drawback: A full import with all objects would have to be performed in order to eliminate all double assignments.

Of course, an easier solution would be to switch back to version 1.9 of the plugin, delete the newly created taxonomy terms without language code in the slug and reimport the properties that have been processed since the plugin update by moving the respective ZIP files from the archive folder to the import folder.

If you give green light to the latter solution, we can restore the previous version of the plugin quickly.

rodemann
    Participant

Hi Carsten,

Thank you for the quick solution, then it would indeed be better to stay with version 1.9 for now and consider a full import on later stage as this is going to be cost intensive with OnOffice 🙁

Maybe you know a good solution of exporting all current properties and re-importing them as alternative without making use of OnOffice exports?

Please restore the previous version 1.9.

Best Regards
    Michael

Carsten Scheuer
    Keymaster

Ok, plugin version 1.9 has been restored!

I personally don’t know onOffice, is it such a big deal to perform full exports there?

rodemann
    Participant

When you are stuck in a managed environment you are asked for 99 EUR per Region when doing a full export.

Thank you for restoring the previous version, i will start the cleanup now.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.