Translate backend

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Toni Cobertera 1 year ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Toni Cobertera
    Participant

Hello,
    I would like to translate to spanish all the titles/tags of every meta-box in menu.
    Is it possible? I attach a screenshot: http://i67.tinypic.com/r8gkmo.png
    Thank you.

Carsten Scheuer
    Keymaster

Hello,

yes, that’s possible “the default WordPress way”: In the languages subfolder of the Energy Scale Pro plugin directory (or the respective ZIP archive) you can find a current POT file (immonex-energy-scale-pro.pot). Use this one as base for creating a PO/MO file pair (e.g. with Poedit) with the Spanish translations named immonex-energy-scale-pro-es_ES.po/mo.

After that, copy the PO/MO files with the finished translations to the global WordPress plugin translation folder …/wp-content/languages/plugins. (This way they are “update-safe” and will not be overwritten on plugin updates.)

As an alternative, you can also use a plugin like Loco Translate for this job.

Toni Cobertera
    Participant

Hello,
    Sorry but I’m beginner.
    There were a .po and a .mo in Spanish so I copied them and pasted in languages with these names immonex-energy-scale-pro-es_ES.po/mo.
    But I can’t see nothing different. Also I need to translate this archive immonex-energy-scale-pro.pot but I don’t know how to…
    I’m using Loco translate, I select a string and I translate it, I click save and I download the .pot and rewrite it on FTP. What am I doing wrong?
    I attach a screenshot: http://i65.tinypic.com/2j4od95.jpg
    Thank you so much!

Carsten Scheuer
    Keymaster

The POT file is the base template that contains all current translatable strings of the plugin in English. This file does not contain translations itself, it’s used by tools like Poedit or Loco Translate for creating and updating the actual translation files (po).

When using Loco Translate, you don’t have to manually create or move any translation files related to our plugin. The basic workflow is as easy as follows:

1. Select “Loco Translate > Plugins > immonex Energy Scale Pro”
    2. New language: Spanish, Location: System (languages/plugins/immonex-energy-scale-pro-es_ES.po)
    3. Start translating
    4. Save… that’s it!

If the the site’s main language or the language of the currently logged in user is Spanish, the new translations will automatically be used. (Depending on the WP environment, there may be additional configuration steps if a translation management solution like WPML or Polylang is in use.)

Toni Cobertera
    Participant

Thank you so much Carsten, solved!
    I was stubborn with .pot file and I made an absolutely mess.
    Great support!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.